PDA

View Full Version : Thank you so much....have question....

Waterdragon
05-11-2006, 09:52 PM
I cannot tell you how relieved I was to see this forum. I have been using Bacquacil for three years, since I bought my pool and I HATE it. Always green, always cloudy more and more money....Blah Blah Blah you know the stories. My question is, and forgive me if you have already answered it elsewhere, I see you using regular bleach which is fantastic, but where is the "shock" I hear so much about. Being new to chlorine and to bleach it is a bit "cloudy" pardon the pun. Would you be so kind as to explain it??

You all brought me back from the Biguanide abyss I am forever grateful.

By the way, I spent about $600 last year my pool was constantly green, I flocked it THREE times I finally had enough.

JohnT
05-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Shock is just an elevated level of chlorine, so you just add more bleach. Simple as that.

KurtV
05-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Think of shock as a verb instead of a noun. It's something you do to your water (raise the level of free chlorine to the point that it "burns up" the chloramines) rather than a specific product. Most people here use plain, household bleach to shock.

Search this site for "breakpoint chlorination" to get more information on shocking.

Waterdragon
05-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks John.....

If I lived to be 100 years old I would have never guessed it could be as easy as you all have described. I am mid bacquacil conversion and am looking forward to a clearwater summer.

Funny thing is that I walked into a Leslie's on Monday. I bought 4 gallons of "liquid shock" and added it to the pool, THEN found this forum.

I ALMOST dropped $78 into the chloropucks, $69 into a mineralizer, $100 into an automatic chlorinator and on and on.

I figured I would buy all that stuff after the conversion.

I owe you all a beer.....

Waterdragon
05-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks Kurt...

KurtV
05-11-2006, 11:29 PM
I owe you all a beer.....

I'll have a Chimay.