PDA

View Full Version : sand...constant sand

aymztx
07-17-2011, 07:50 PM
I have a small above ground pool with an intex cartridge filter. I net daily, keep my chemicals up and change the filter cartridges regularly. My pool is sparkling clean, except for the sand. My pump/filter does not have enough suction, so I use one of those you hook to a waterhose. I put a pair of pantyhose over the net bag to help, but even though I spend several hours once a week vacuuming....letting everything settle and vacuuming again....more sand is always there. Its not mustard algae..it is not slim....my and moves real easily...any ideas?

Thanks,
Aymztx

PoolDoc
07-19-2011, 07:41 AM
The only solution I know of is some sort of pool vacuum.

I don't understand how you can vacuum it, and not get rid of it. Does it keep coming back? Is it actually "SAND" or is it something else?

AnnaK
07-19-2011, 09:21 AM
What does the ground around the pool look like? Lawn? Or sandy? Could it be the kids bringing it in on their feet? If so, you can set up a plastic bin or a tiny baby pool and have them rinse their feet before getting in the pool.

kelemvor
07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
What does the ground around the pool look like? Lawn? Or sandy? Could it be the kids bringing it in on their feet? If so, you can set up a plastic bin or a tiny baby pool and have them rinse their feet before getting in the pool.
One of my neighbors uses the baby pool method. They have the end of the ladder that goes on the outside of the main pool right in the baby pool for catching dirt/grass/mud/bugs/whatever would get tracked in. I would imagine it has to be dumped pretty regularly, but the baby pool instead of a little tub ensures that no kids can skip cleaning their feet.