PDA

View Full Version : Another First Test

md_rider
05-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Hello all: I received my PS234 Kit today and tested my water. We just built and filled (3/5) our new gunite pool. It is about 30000 gallons. I have been using the 3 B's and have added some Stabilizer (about 3 weeks ago) and Muriatic Acid as needed. My results are:

FC: 3.5
CC: 0.5
TC: 4.0
pH: 7.2-7.5
Alk: 90
Cal: 200
CYA: ~28

I think it looks pretty good. Any thoughts or opinions? I must say that Ben's kit is a lot nicer than the HTH one that I got at Wal-Mart, well worth the money.

Thanks for any feedback.
Dave

duraleigh
05-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi, Dave,

Nice work!! your numbers are great....bet your water looks good, too.

How did you get that 28 CYA? Your eyes must be pretty sharp for a new kit owner. :D

md_rider
05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
The CYA was just a guess. The water line was closer to 30 than 20, so just estimated. It is somewhere between 25 and 30.

Yeah, the pool is sparkling clean until the kids (and dog) get in. We haven't finished all the landscaping, so there is still a lot of dirt around the pool. The kids get out, get back in, and there is all the dirt. Oh well, just need to vacuum every so often, not much longer until we get grass.

Watermom
05-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Your numbers all look good. One comment, cya at 28 is pretty low. If you find that you are having a hard time maintaining a chlorine reading through a sunny day, you may decide to bump it up some. Anywhere up to 50 is good.

md_rider
05-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Watermom: I was thinking the same thing. I have a 5 lb bucket of CYA, so I may add a little at a time and try and bring it up. Bleachcalc says to use 2lbs 6oz to raise 10ppm, so I'll probably put a pound in, wait a week and test again. We haven't had a lot of warm sunny days yet, so the Cl level has been pretty stable.