PDA

View Full Version : What's the best water testing kit??

Pipecrew
07-16-2011, 10:55 PM
I've been fighting with my pool for a little over a week now. I have used Aqua Chem 6 ways test strips and added chemicals according to the results of the strips. When I didn't get the desired results I took my water to my local Agway and had them test it. After adding some more chemicals my water still is cloudy.

I just bought a cheap droplet test kit today and the PH results are different from the 6 way test strips. The droplet kits says my PH is 7.6 the test strip says it's 6.8. I realize my PH needs to be right in order for any chlorine shock to work.

I was looking at an AquaChek TruTest Digital Test Strip Reader. Does anyone out there have any experience with this tester?????

Thanks!

Watermom
07-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Test strips are pretty useless. The one we recommend is the Taylor K-2006 or 2006C (same kit, larger bottle of some reagents). If you buy it through the Amazon link in my signature, the Pool Forum makes a little money on the sale which helps us keep this form online. Only buy if the seller is Amato Industries, however. Some other sellers are substituting the K-2005 which you do NOT want. If Amato isn't listed, wait a day or two and try again. They seem to restock pretty quickly when they sell out.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!