PDA

View Full Version : Ben's pool kit?

Huguesboss
07-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Hi,

I’m a first time poster so I apologize in advance if I’m asking something that has been asked a thousand times before... (I’m still restricted on some parts of this board!)

Since early June we are new owners of a beautiful new in ground pool... I'm already getting tired of the 45 minutes back and forth drives to get the water tested at the local store were we live! Since they are currently out of testing kits, I’ve decided to purchase my kit online. I noticed that many posters are recommending “Ben’s Kit”, “Taylor K-2006” or the “TF100”...

Which would you recommend given following pool setup? (13.2k gallons in ground, spill over, heated, 2 pumps, Chlorinator + Ozonator... etc)

Finally, I would appreciate if I could be recommended an online store to purchase the product from (I’m from Eastern Canada)

Thank you!

Watermom
07-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi Huguesboss and welcome to the Pool Forum.

Ben is no longer selling kits. The Taylor K-2006 or 2006C is the one we typically recommend, however, it must be purchased from a distributor in Ontario called Lowry and Associates and it way more expensive than buying it in the U.S. (I'm assuming this is still true. If it is not true any longer, someone please correct me.) I don't know about whether the TF100 kit can be shipped to Canada or not. If it can, then buy it instead of the Taylor kit.

EDIT -- I took a minute to look at the TF100 kit and they only ship to the U.S.

PoolDoc
07-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I remember that when I was last selling my kit, it had become virtually impossible to ship to Canada, due to post-9/11 regulations, and also to Taylor's apparently iron-clad commitment to Lowry & Assoc exclusive distribution role in Canada.