PDA

View Full Version : How high is too high chlorine to enter pool?

vaubach
07-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I need to get into the pool to do some scrubbing and vacuuming due to recent algae. Is it an issue to get in to do that while the chlorine levels are still high from the double shock I've done (two days ago)? The only "vacuum" I have isn't really a vacuum, it doesn't hook into the filter or anything, just uses a little bag and garden hose. Is this even going to do anything to help the alga situation?

PoolDoc
07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
How high is too high? It depends on your expectations AND on your stabilizer levels. You can look at the Best Guess chart, linked in my signature. The "Shock+" levels tend to be irritating and drying to most people's skin. Shock levels are hard on swimsuits with Lycra.

But, I really doubt the vacuum device you have will help. More likely, you just need to hold the chlorine to "shock" levels, and brush the pool.

vaubach
07-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, I got in and plugged off the hoses so I could change out the filter and install the new inline chlorine feeder (hopefully this one will work.) Brushed up all the algae, the bottom, and the sides until the whole pool looked cloudy again. There really wasn't much debris settled on the bottom, so I didn't bother with the hose/vacuum thing. Then I turned the pump back on and shocked the pool again. Hopefully it will look better tomorrow.

Watermom
07-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Run the pump 24/7 while you are trying to clear the pool.