PDA

View Full Version : Haywood Bumping Problem

minasha1
07-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Hi,
I have a problem with my Haywood EC65 perflex DE filter. It's working fine but 2 days ago after shutting the filter off
I bumped it and I felt a snap and lost resistance. I took it apart and found that the E-ring had fallen off, looked like an easy fix so I bought a new e-ring put it on and put it back together, it worked fine yesterday and I bumped after use
and all was well. I ran the filter today and after shutting it down an hour ago I bumped it and the same thing happened again, no resistance and a snapping sound. I'm sure when I take it apart tomorrow the new e-ring will be missing. Does anyone know what problem can cause the e-ring to keep snapping off?
It's the e-ring on the top closest to the bump handle and yes It was put on correctly snapped in tight like it's always been.

Thank You

Watermom
07-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi minasha1 and welcome to the Pool Forum! I'm not sure what is going on with your filter, but some others might. So, sit tight and hopefully someone will be along soon to offer you some advice!

Watermom
07-29-2011, 09:29 AM
bumping back up

waste
07-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

I'll bet you don't open the air valve for a few seconds before bumping the filter;) Please take a look at this thread (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?9189-cleaning-a-DE-filter) for my use and care guide for DE filters.

If you still have questions or issues - I'll be here to help:)