PDA

View Full Version : Digital pump timer recommendations

4pkross
07-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi all, I'm looking to add a timer to our new pool setup and have seen the Intermatic mechanical ones, but I'm thinking digital. Saw the Intermatic ET1725C on Amazon and am wondering if anyone has used it. I have a natural gas heater and a salt chlorinator to consider too. I hope some day to get an automation system that lets me access settings and info via the internet and iPad. Thoughts and comments welcomed!

Watermom
07-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi 4pkross! Your post is interesting. How cool would that be to be able to access settings remotely. I have no constructive comments for you but somebody will. Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the Pool Forum! Glad you found us!

4pkross
07-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks, I look forward to some advice! :)

agtatt
07-14-2011, 08:56 PM
I Have similar concerns and the following was suggested by waterbear in my thread:

Check into the Hayward/Goldline Aqualogic pool automation/SWCG. It should do what you want. You will not need to run the pump 24/7 once you determine how much heat loss you have by turning off the pump for a period of time.The automation will allow a cool down for the heater (fireman's switch) and will only turn the heater on when the pumip is running and automatically maintain the desired water temp while pump is running (replacing heater thermostat). Ditto for the booster pump. The unit can be programmed to only allow it to turn on when the main pump is running. To save even more money you can replace your pump (or just the pump motor if the wet end is good) with a 2 speed one and allow the automation to control it. You will save quite a bit of money by running on low speed and get better filtration to boot!. You will only need to switch to high speed for the cleaner and the automation can take care of that for you automatically also.
The system is also a SWCG besides being pool automation.
If your cover is automatic it can also control the pool cover

Doubt it is web enabled or ipad ready as yet. Good Luck.

4pkross
07-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Thank you, that gets me well under way! Be interested in any home brew solutions also, such as x10 or similar devices that can let a PC control the pumps/heater/waterfall etc.