PDA

View Full Version : Well water for pool top offs

aswetich
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
I top off my pool throughout the summer with unsoftened well water (Not Bad) and wanted to know if I need to add a metal removal product of some sort ? (Liner Pool)

Thanks

JohnT
05-11-2006, 12:07 PM
I top off my pool throughout the summer with unsoftened well water (Not Bad) and wanted to know if I need to add a metal removal product of some sort ? (Liner Pool)

Thanks

Most well water doesn't contain metal. Take a sample to a pool store and have them test for metal so you'll know.

Brock
05-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I would also have it tested at the pool store, if for no other reason then entertainment. If you do have a softener I would top off after the water softener, it tends to be better water overall.

gwrace1
05-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Our well water is iron rich. I filled the new pool this year (26000 gallons) using a 2 micron whole house filter ahead of the softener. Then I added a metal out component with Polyquat. I now use an SWG for chlorine and the water has been crystal clear since startup in early March.

sartail
05-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Newbie with pool installation underway -16x32 AG. They are bringing water to initially fill pool, but will also use well water for top offs. We have lots of iron in our water. There is some sort of filter in our house, but a fair amount of iron still comes through. Should a metal-out product be used as part of routine maintenance? Or in what cases? Is there a particular product that is better than others? Thanks!