PDA

View Full Version : New Pool Owner - general 'what now' questions

MajorMench
07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey all,

We have an in-ground - in-door pool with a Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter.

The pool is kinda large and we love having in our new house!! That said, the house was empty for a year and a half but the owners said they kept it filled and running and would come over and chlorinate it. So, it is really in great shape.

So - it's got one water jet, a surface skimmer hole and a deep end drain thingie.

My first main question is - why would the water jet thing lose pressure? I downloaded the PDF manual for the filter and read in it that it should be filtering the water twice every 24 hours. Really? Anyway - I followed the backwash procedures and it seemed to help for a few days. But still has issues now and again.

Second... the surface skimmer doesn't 'seem' to work well. Although the basket has some dead bugs in it there are often times I'll just find them floating along on the top of the water. Is it still sucking properly?

Third... how can I check to make sure the bottom skimmer thingie is working? When I go down there I don't feel that it is sucking anything in.

Ok -- I've got a lot more questions... but those are my main ones for now. How do I make sure the filter is working correctly, and what are all those settings for at the top of the Tagelus??

Thanks for the help. I'll take any abuse about searching if you are able to direct me to a link that has the best place to start with this filter.

Thanks agian,

MajM

aylad
07-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Hello,

I don't have any answers for you, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum. WE do have a few equipment gurus, and I'm sure one of them will be along soon to give you some useful information. In the meantime, if you can see the blue links in my sig, use the "google" link to search for other posts on the forum. For the time being, you may have to log out in order to see the results, but once your registration process is complete, you should be able to search the forum without logging out each time.