PDA

View Full Version : Heavy rain maintenance

Xignals
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
What is the best course of action after a heavy rain? We had some severe storms in the area today that almost had the pool overflowing. I got all the debris out of the skimmers and from the top of the pool. I back washed some of the water out to below the skimmers.

My water went from sparkling clear to a cloudy mess. Help!

duraleigh
05-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi,

The answer is one that's repeated on this forum daily (although for different reasons).....Test your water. :)

You're off to a good start by cleaining up but you must test next.

Once you get your results, you'll understand what your issues are and easily correct them. My guess is you'll simply need a big dose of Cl, but without the test results, it's impossible to be accurate.

ivyleager
05-11-2006, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=Xignals] I back washed some of the water out to below the skimmers.QUOTE]

Why would you lower water level to below the skimmers, which would then necessitate filling back up to skimmer level for filter/pump to run?

Run the pump 24/7 for filtration, test your water for chlorine and pH, adjust and shock if needed for as long as is needed.

Good luck.

CaryB

PatL34
05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
What is the best course of action after a heavy rain? We had some severe storms in the area today that almost had the pool overflowing. I got all the debris out of the skimmers and from the top of the pool. I back washed some of the water out to below the skimmers.

My water went from sparkling clear to a cloudy mess. Help!

I would also check your pool pump basket and skimmers for anything that should not be there.

Pat