PDA

View Full Version : Test Kit Purchase

Albatross
07-07-2011, 11:35 AM
I read a couple days ago from a moderator who recommended a particular Amazon vendor due to substitution issues. Don't remember the specifics tho. I just went to amazon thru your link and VM Innovations showed up for the supplier of the K-2006. OK, or wait for another vendor? Also, will a small kit last the season or do I need the 2 oz kit. I like what someone posted about buying fresh reagents each spring.

Watermom
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
You want to order when the seller is Amato Industries. I just checked the links and today they must be sold out because they are not listed as the seller for the K-2006 or the 2006C either. Wait a day and try again. They seem to restock very quickly -- at least that has been the case all summer. Try the links again tomorrow. Some of the other sellers are sending the K-2005 which you do NOT want.

The smaller kit will do fine for the season unless you have very high CYA and a green pool and are having to shock very high as a result. That isn't the case for you since you have a fresh fill. But, if you go ahead and get the 2006C, it is actually a better deal and if stored in a cool place, it will be fine for next year as well. I have kept kits for several years and the reagents have been just fine.

Watermom
07-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Albatross,
We were just informed this morning that the Amato Industries website is down. Ben talked to them this morning and they DO have kits in stock, but we'll have to order them by phone until their website is back up. Their phone number is 800-992-6286.