PDA

View Full Version : Gunite versus Liner pool

Drsafety
07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi, I am new to the world of pools. I'm researching our options in order to install a pool Spring 2012. I am leaning towards gunite...We live in WV and our area is known to have underground springs. Due to the nature of our yard (1.6 acres) we may have to locate the pool away from the house (current septic field is in the way). We plan on building a pool house (with bathroom/shower, changing room, kitchen) at some point to eliminate having to run back and forth from the house. Also, a lighted stone path from the house to pool is planned. Additionally, we would like to have a sitting area with fire pit near the pool area. Of course, our pool area will be fenced and landscaped for privacy. Our house was built prior to the Civil War and does not have an easy rear window view (L shaped).

As for the pool, I am thinking 20 by 40 or L shaped variation.

This setup is different from my house when growing up. We had a liner pool located near the house (with a great view from the kitchen/screened in porch).

Any suggestions or tips on starting the pool installation process are welcomed.

Watermom
07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
bumping back up

famousdavis
07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
I can't offer much by way of contrasting between gunite and vinyl, but I just wanted to say that your home location sounds really nice, as do your plans for a pool and bathhouse! The downturned economy doesn't seem to have affected you! :-)