PDA

View Full Version : Installer help

Drsafety
07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
We are looking for a pool installer in Hampshire County WV. Any ideas? We are new to the pool world...Looking at concrete and/or liner options. Thanks!

PoolDoc
07-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi Drsafety;

I don't encourage this kind of posts because the answers received are often not of high quality. Although as many as 300 registered users and 3,000 - 6,000 'lurkers' may read this post, not many of them are likely to be in your area, and of course, the 'lurkers' can't post. Often, the only people who are highly motivated to respond to a post like your are folks who are furious at their builder or pool guy for one reason or another.

However, I'm going to go ahead an approve your posts with this caution for any who would reply: please do not recommend pool builders who have not worked directly for you. And, the most negative post I'll allow is something like, "before you hire ABC Pools of Zerix, WV, you might want to check their BBB report". The pool forum is NOT a consumer gripe forum -- there are already a number of very large forums specializing in precisely that.

Drsafety
07-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Pool Doc...You may delete this post.

I was just wanting clean information on the pool installation process, gunite versus liners, and potential installers. I have so many questions...We are considering a pool installation for next Spring, but there is so much planning involved. We live in an area where there are lots of springs and thought gunite would be a better solution. I grew up with an in-ground liner pool, but this will be our first pool. We were thinking 20 by 40 feet or perhaps L shape. John

PoolDoc
07-06-2011, 11:26 AM
You are welcome to ask those kind of questions, and you'll probably get some helpful answers.

Ben / PoolDoc