PDA

View Full Version : water still cloudy

mspool
05-10-2006, 01:27 PM
My numbers are: th-250, tc-3, fc-3, ph-7.6, ta-120, stabilizer-100

I have turned my chlorine feeder down to lowest setting. and I want to use up the calcium hypochlorite 65% chlorine granules before and if I switch to bleach. I know the chlorine feeder with pucks has driven my cya up way high so I turned it down to lowest setting, I guess I will turn it all the way off but unsure about that. how much cal. hypochlorite should I use get my water clear again?

mspool
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
sorry meant to post this in the chlorine thread.

duraleigh
05-10-2006, 01:46 PM
With a stabilizer reading of 100, right around 25ppm of Cl should shock your pool and start the clearing process. That 25ppm of Cl and your subsequent maintenance level of Cl will continue to increase as you use the pucks. :)

mspool
05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. I don't have a test kit that will measure chlorine that high. I can order one but what should I do meanwhile. how many pounds of the granular hypochlorite should I add to get it up? any suggestions. and I will shut off the chlorine feeder right now. and just sanitize with the hypochlorite until it is gone. then I am thinking of switching to bleach. does this strategy sound ok?

mspool
05-10-2006, 02:12 PM
oh yea my pool is fiberglass and 27,000 gall. if you need that info.

JohnT
05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. I don't have a test kit that will measure chlorine that high. I can order one but what should I do meanwhile. how many pounds of the granular hypochlorite should I add to get it up? any suggestions. and I will shut off the chlorine feeder right now. and just sanitize with the hypochlorite until it is gone. then I am thinking of switching to bleach. does this strategy sound ok?

To test higher levels, dilute your sample with distilled water. Take a clean glass like a shot glass full of pool water and add it to a clean container. Add 4 glasses of distilled water to the container and mix. Then test the mixture. Multiply your ppm readings by 5.

I would start using bleach right now. No side effects like other forms of chlorine.