PDA

View Full Version : Wall fittings

duraleigh
05-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi, everyone,

Probably a month ago, someone posted an issue with insufficient suction side plumbing. The post evolved to the possibility of converting a dedicated pressure side line to a suction line.

Someone then posted, with pictures and part numbers, some hayward (I think) wall fittings that allowed water into the return pipe yet blocked the side of the fitting open to the pool....thereby preventing someone from getting "sucked" up against that return fitting.

For the life of me, I have searched every way I can think of to refind that post. Any help I can get to relocate it is appreciated. :) :)

imfignewton
05-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Check out this link, look at the bottom of the page. Its called a Vac Lock.

www.haywardnet.com/products/displayProd_cleaners.cfm?ProductID=34#five

duraleigh
05-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks, "fig", :D

If there was a picture, It never loaded (I'm hopelessly locked in the land of of dial-up).

The post I'm refering to had some images, as well. I will track down a picture of what you provided....it just may be perfect. Thanks!! :)

waste
05-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey Dave, how you doing? I think you may be looking for a SP-1026 Safety Grate Insert. (They have 1.5" MPT, have a bowed out separators, the diameter vertically and then 3 more horizontally)

If you need one, just let me know, I'll pop one in the mail for you (for some strange reason, I have a bunch of small pool parts floating around the house - most are on the shelf down by the washer/ dryer - - at least they're clean ;) )

duraleigh
05-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi, Ted,

Actually, I've got the 1026 on there now. It works ok but what I have seen actually protrudes from the wall about an inch or so and the water is drawn in on the back side of the fitting. It looks like it would effectively prevent anyone from being able to stop the flow and scaring themselves. The 1026 is helpful but not quite as preventative as I would like. :)

waterbear
05-11-2006, 11:38 AM
I had one of those on the suction inlet for my water features/pressure cleaner line that is powered by it's own 1 hp uprated Pinnacle pump and it would suck you up against it with a lot of force when the pump was on so I replaced it with a 1 1/2" MPT screw in fitting that looks like a spa drain cover and it seems to distribute the suction much better. I can put my hand over it now and it doesn't get sucked in. Seems to be much safer. Don't know the make or model, my builder gave it to me when I pointed out the problem with the 1026. I will ask him next time he comes out, which I hope is soon! He was supposed to be finished with everything last June!!!! (Once he get's my pool finished properly or when I end up suing him, whichever comes first, I will probably post my horror story in the forum.:mad: