PDA

View Full Version : ColorLogic lights

theplant
05-10-2006, 10:54 AM
We are in the planning stage of an IG 16x34 liner pool. An option we have is replace the standard light with the Hayward ColorLogic (http://www.haywardcanada.com/products/pid_113.html) offering. This is likely more of a personal taste, but does anyone have them in their pool? Do they add to your enjoyment of the pool or is it more of gadget thing.

thanks.

Fleance
05-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I just replaced our white light with the ColorLogic yesterday. Haven't had the time of use to provide an opinion on this specific light, but had a SAM light in the last pool and really enjoyed it.

Great fun for the kids and the changing colors make evenings out poolside even better. I waited and replaced the white light as the pool installer wanted $750 for the light when I found it for $370 and installed in less than one hour.

Take care and good luck,

Stan.

crosso
05-11-2006, 11:40 AM
I have a SAM light in my 18 x 36 vinyl pool. My kids love it.

Casey

PhantomAndy
05-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I like a really bright light in my pool - what is the light output of these LED lights?

I have a 500Watt Halogen (White) light now - and I love the way it lights up the pool and the pool area.

KT
05-11-2006, 04:19 PM
I have these lights in my nearly one year old IG gunite pool. We actually have two lights in the pool and one in the spa. It is really neat to have them all synchronized. We did have one of the light housings leak after about 6 months and it had to be replaced (warrantied), but a real hassle to do because of a LONG electric run.

One thing I noticed is they don't seem extremely bright, but that could be due to the 3M colorquartz "Caribbean Blue" of our plaster (less reflection).

The one thing I wish the lights would do is let you stop and hold a particular color. Some of the best colors are the ones in the "fade" programs that you just see randomly.

KT

Crystal Clear Pools
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
I bought a color logic light and have a 75 foot electrical run to my junction box plus there is a green ground wire in the conduit that runs from the light notch to the junction box. I pulled the light out disconnected the wires at the junction box, tied some twine around the cable at the junction box and gave the cord a couple of tugs and realized it wasnt moving. I hire some guys from an electrical company that wired and installed my origional lights to come out and put the new light in. It took two of them to do the job. There are many postings telling of the difficulty getting pool lights out. It took them 4 hours to put my Pool and Spa light in and cost me 672.00 for the install plus about 750 for the two lights. They told me that there are pool that they cant get the wires out. Way more difficult than I could do. Anyway love my new colorlogic pool light. Just a comment if your electrical run is really long like mine. Steve