PDA

View Full Version : Adding liquid chlorine

fschakel
06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I have a 21' above ground, round pool and I use mainly chlorine pucks in a floating dispenser. Once a week or so, I add a liter or two of liquid chlorine from a 10L container. I add the chlorine to half a pail of water and toss it over the pool water (I hang on to the pail!). No matter how carefully I do this, a few drops of chlorine always manage to land on my shirt or shorts. Lately, I have removed my shirt and used a plastic garbage bag as a "HAZMAT" suit over my shorts. But this is a bit of a pain to put on, not to mention unattractive. Does anyone have any suggestions how I might disperse the chlorine in a better way, without buying an automatic dispenser that connects to the plumbing?

Watermom
06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
I always just pour my liquid chlorine (bleach) directly into the skimmer while the pump is running. I pour very slowly so it doesn't splash. There is no need to pre-mix liquid chlorine into a pail of water.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

aylad
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I put mine slowly into the the return stream in the deep end, and let that help disperse the bleach. If you take your time, there's no splashing involved.

Janet

drband
07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Ditto both above. I just replaced my liner and I noted that the manufacturer of the new liner recommends adding chlorine through the skimmer. Definitely do one or the other of the listed options here. Sorry about your clothes!