PDA

View Full Version : New here...really need help

Estelle
06-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Pool chemicals are where they should be, we have a 20 foot by 48" soft side intex pool. We have something going on on the bottom of the pool. Looks brown, but is green in the vacuum filter. when you vacuum it separates like powder, but clumps together when settled...is this pollen? If so any ideas what I can do. I vacuum and vacuum, but the next morning there it is again. I know I'm stirring it up some when I vacuum as I can see it doing that while I'm vacuuming. Thanks for any help you can offer, I really appreciate it!

aylad
06-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum!!

The stuff you see on the bottom of the pool could be pollen, dirt, algae, or any number of things, but without some more information, it is really impossible for us to tell you for sure.

Can you please post test results (preferably with a drop-based kit, no strips) for Cl, pH, TA, and CYA? Also, what you're using to chlorinate with,(not just "shock" but actual ingredients), any other chems you've put into the pool, what type of filter you have, and whether or not you filled with well water? With this information, it will be easier for us to try to help you solve the problem.

Janet