PDA

View Full Version : New Liner Problem

Angelo
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi,
I just replaced the liner in my above ground pool for the first time. All went well until I went to clean it and noticed a strange bump on the bottom. On closer inspection I realized that what I was looking at was a clothes pin under the liner that I somehow missed before filling the pool. Other than emptying the pool, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to protect this area from ripping?

Thanks,
Angelo

aylad
06-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Angelo, I can't answer your question, but I'm sure one of the liner installation gurus around here will be around shortly...I'm hoping they can offer you a solution. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

Janet

Watermom
06-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi Angelo,

A question for you. Did you install the new liner or pay someone else to do it? If you hired someone, then they should be responsible for taking care of this. If you did it, then I guess you're responsible.

I kind of had a smiliar situation with my liner several years ago. There must have been some pebbles in the sand under the liner. A year after the liner was installed, they somehow worked their way to the liner. We could feel them under there and were afraid they would rip a hole in the liner. So, I made the decision to go ahead and take a piece of leftover liner and throw a patch over them so that in the event that they did break through the liner, it wouldn't leak. That was several years ago and so far so good. Just another option for you.