PDA

View Full Version : No power to pump? Fuse blown. Replaced & didnt fix

topnotch
06-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I have a jandy lite 2 wired 110 controlling a pump wired 220. My electrician friend who does many pools set this all up and has been trouble free 7 years.

Today the pump doesnt come on. The heater control interface shows the little pump gear going around but there is no power to the pump outlet.

Initially the 2A fuse on the board was blown so I changed it. Still hasnt blown. Just wondering if..... pump plug was very difficult to pull out... could the outlet simply have melted internally because it seems that the heater controls would lock out power to the pump outlet if it was a heater issue....

Any speculations....checked for power inside the pump outlet box....fine. Power to the board from the breakers is fine.

Poconos
06-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Not at all familiar with your setup but as a general statement, check the wire connections to both the plug and outlet and any other connections in the pump feed circuit. Sometimes you can get a high resistance at one of the screw terminals and get a lot of local heating to the point of eventually oxidizing and melting a wire.
Al