PDA

View Full Version : 24ft Intex Above Ground Pool at 94 degree pool temp

Dusky203
06-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Newbie here! I live in South Florida and yesterday my pool temp was 94 degrees. My brother has an in ground pool and has these PVC things that aeriate the water at night. Does Intex make such a thing for AG pools?

Tim

CarlD
06-24-2011, 01:24 PM
If you have a standard return fitting that takes screw-in eyeballs, there's a fountain attachment for $15-20 that goes in. If not, I'm not sure what Intex has as an alternative.

Carl

Dusky203
06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
I will take a look tonight at the eye ball to see how it connects.....

Watermom
06-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Al (fellow mod - Poconos) made a little fountain/sprinkler from a piece of PVC. I'll ask him to look at this thread and see if he can tell you more. Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Poconos
06-24-2011, 11:08 PM
The fitting that the eyeball screws into is usually a standard pipe thread. Home Depot, Lowes, etc have a big assortment of PVC stuff. Pipe, adapters, Tees, 90's, 45's, and from these and a drill you can fashion almost any type of sprinkler. Only problem I see is with something rigid screwed into the return fitting you have to be careful you don't whack it and break something. Some kind of flexible connection would be better. The one I made wasn't screwed into the return fitting but hooked to another port out of the filter. It was something kids (and adults) could have fun with.
Al

Dusky203
06-25-2011, 07:32 AM
I wonder if the fitting is just a standard 3/4? If so i could get a short hose and bring it to a sprinkler that i could anchor to the middle of the pool. The run the pump at night to lower pool temp....I will take a look today after I finish my honey do list.....

Tks for the feedback!

Tim

Watermom
06-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I talked to Al and he asked me to reply to you that the return pipe is 1-1/2 inch NPT (national pipe thread) which is standard at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.