PDA

View Full Version : Deck Jets on existing pool

newpoolguy
06-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I would like to know if it's possible to install Deck Jets or Mini Jets into the surrounding landscape of an existing pool. I installed the inground sprinkler system at my house so I'm pretty familiar with PVC pipe and fittings. Is it just a matter of cutting in a tee into the return piping? If the piping gets blown out for the winter, is the depth of the supply piping to the jets that critical? If this is possible, should I cut in the line after the heater and SWG or does that really matter? Thanks for the help.

Watermom
06-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Any body have any answers for this poster?

vinper
06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
mine has a 3 way valve at the return line so you can divert flow ,Also a ball valve on each zone so you can adjust flow to each head . I assume you will blow out line in winter so not to freeze . A drawing of what you propose would help . Showing line size and how many jets. depth should not be issue . Atleast 6'' minmium.

newpoolguy
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
mine has a 3 way valve at the return line so you can divert flow ,Also a ball valve on each zone so you can adjust flow to each head . I assume you will blow out line in winter so not to freeze . A drawing of what you propose would help . Showing line size and how many jets. depth should not be issue . Atleast 6'' minmium.

Thank you for your reply. I will make a sketch to show my idea.
Basically, I was looking at the Pentair Deck Jet II. Was planning to tee off of the return line with a 1" pipe. That would then branch into two 3/4" lines and each would have ball valves. I would then go into the ground about 6" and run the 3/4" lines to their respective jets. The lines will get blown out in the winter.