PDA

View Full Version : Leak

sandrino
05-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi All,plss I Need Help With A Leak Which Is Quite Big I Imagine Losing About An 1 Inch Every 1/2 Hour.where It Leaks No Idea . Whats My Next Step I Have 2 Return Jets 1skimmer. Plss Folks Help Anyone .thx In Advance Sandro

xoroniox
05-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Well if you are losing that much water, do not refill the pool. let the water drain and when it stops draining you know that the leak is above that point in the pool. After that i would inspect all the walls/fittings/stairs/ladders EVERYTHING to find something that would tell me there is a crack. Also does the pool drain more or less when the pump is on. that is where i would start. that is a big leak if you are losing 1"/30mins, just my 2 cents. goodluck and i hope it gets fixed soon to enjoy your pool.

fivevs
05-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Depending on the size of your pool and how fast it leaks. First check for any wet spots between the pool and equipment. If you have none and it doesn't take long to leak the water out, shut the equipment completely off and let it leak. Due to the law of gravity it will stop wherever the leak is. If the waterline drops below the light (If it has one) and or the jets, it has to be from the bottom drain.If it's from the jets or skimmer , it'll stop at that point and you can work with it starting from there. If it drops below your lowest visible fitting (jets,skimmer or light niche) on your side walls make sure you fill it back up and wait till you have a week or two of really hot weather so that any possible water under it will dry up and then drain it out to reseal your main drain on the floor level. Remember that if you have to much water under it, that water may cause it to shift or possibly even float much like an in ground spa.

sandrino
05-19-2006, 08:42 PM
thx a mill

sandrino
05-19-2006, 08:43 PM
thx 4 tip much appreciated

xoroniox
05-19-2006, 09:45 PM
What was the problem/solution? Glad to hear you got it all fixed. enjoy the pool

sandrino
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
thx a million ,one of my return line was broken all fixed.sorry for delay