PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!

Sionann2
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
I have a above ground 4 foot deep round pool. It is green & I cant even see the bottom. I have everything running and I have dumped in gallons upon gallons of bleach. It started to clear up a little bit but it rained for a few days & now Im back to square 1. The worst part is my family is all supposed to come over in 8 days to go swimming. I replaced the sand in the filter last summer & just replaced the pump this summer.

Watermom
06-16-2011, 09:39 PM
We can probably help you get that cleaned up in time for your swim party! Can you post some current water testing results taken with a drops-based kit, please? Also, tell us the volume of your pool. Then somebody here can better advise you. Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Sionann2
06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Thank you soo much! I will test my water tomorrow after work with a drop kit. My pool is 13,000 gallons (its vinyl also if that makes a difference). I am so happy that I came across this forum. I am a pool moron & need all the help I can get. Thank you to everyone in advance.

Watermom
06-16-2011, 10:42 PM
You'll need a good test kit if you don't already have one. The one we recommend is the Taylor K-2006 or 2006C (same kit, larger bottle of some reagents). If you buy it through the Amazon link in my signature, the Pool Forum makes a little money on the sale which helps us keep this form online. Only buy if the seller is Amato Industries, however. Some other sellers are substituting the K-2005 which you do NOT want. It will make your pool maintenance SO much easier!