PDA

View Full Version : Need a recommendation for a sand filter

sublimity
06-15-2011, 04:25 PM
I apologize if this question has been asked before. I did a search and couldn't find what I needed. I posted late last week about my Intex 15ft x 48" round pool and getting it cleaned out for the summer. I have decided to get rid of it and get the 24ft x 52" Intex pool as we have 6 people in our family.

The pool comes with one of Intex's crummy filter/pumps and I have learned the hard way how expensive and ineffective these things are. I wanted to pick up a sand filter and possible a saltwater generator. I was planning on getting the My Sunshine 1600-Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI from Walmart for $149, but wondered if anyone had experience with this and had a better recommendation. I am already getting a late start so I want to do everything right the first time.

I appreciate all the help.

On a side note, I just want to thank the friendly people here. I was just going to dash the whole idea of a pool this year after fighting for the last 4 years with this pool, but since finding this forum I feel confident that I have the support and knowledge at hand to deal with a pool. I thank you and my kids thank you!

***** Just found this:

I've been reading through the forums some more and just realized what the pump/filter relationship was about. A little slow on the uptake, I guess. I found this on ebay and wondered if it might be a good replacement to the pump/filter that will come with the Intex.

Hayward VL40T32 Pump & Sand Filter
Features

-Good For All Above-Ground Pools
-Self Priming Pump
-Filters Up To 11,000 Gallons
-Easy Install
-Cleaner Water In Less Time
-42Lbs #20 Sand Capacity (sand not included)
-1/2 HP Pump

It's $198. Is this big enough? From what I have read it seems right.
-Standard 115V Plug In

-Multi Port Valve