PDA

View Full Version : Stains on steps

paigemetoo
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Opened my pond...opps I mean pool and got it from green to clear with your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now i have yellowish stains on my steps where the green water was all winter. My question is what can I safely use to clean it? My sister in law used a Magic Eraser cleaning pad made by Mr Clean and it worked great. With all the trouble I have had in the past I am scared to use it because, knowing my luck, it would add something to the water and cause problems. The only thing I have tried is a scrub brush w/o any cleaner and it didn't work.

Thanks,
Paige

Watermom
06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Try the magic eraser. I think Marie (mbar) has used that before and had success. You might also try a baking soda paste.

AnnaK
06-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I've used Magic Erasers to remove the scum line from inside the skimmer box and haven't noticed any adverse effect on the water balance. As you know, they diminish in size as the "magic" wears off and you might wind up with small bits of sponge in your pool. Did anything nasty happen to your sister's pool when she used them?

mbar
06-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes, I would use a magic eraser, it will not hurt your water balance. Or you can wait, the yellow will probably lift after a while if it is a stain from the organic material that was in the water all winter. The eraser will be faster.