PDA

View Full Version : New guys needs imformation on auto cleaners

beary
05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi All

I'm new here, we are putting a 20x40 gunite pool with curved Grecian or Gothic corners in about two weeks. I say Grecian or gothic because I found both terms used for our pool. Anyway, I am trying to learn about the equipment options for the pool. For pool cleaners, it appears automatic cleaners like the Dolphin or aquabot are favorites for the busier (lazy) pool owners.

I am open and would enjoy any and all suggestions since we are new to pools. Go ahead and brag away. But one question I have about the automatic cleaners is will it work in our Grecian style pool? What concerns me is the corners of the pool are about 4 foot radius curves that curve into the pool. Will the Dolphin or Aquabot have trouble there?

Hey thanks for any and all advice.

Beary

PhantomAndy
05-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure the term for your style pool - I've seen it both ways. Typically Grecian refers to a rectangular pool with the 'corners cut out', meaning that the corners are flat angles not curved. Anyhow...

I have a 'Grecian' vinyl (with the flat corners) and my Dolphin does a fine job. It doesn't turn the corners everytime, but most of the time. I would imagine the extra traction that the Dolphin would get with a Gunite pool would make it negeotiate those even better.

With curved in corners, I'm not sure.

Remember that the majority of the concern will be with the bottom. Most cleaning at the water line and the sides will be with a brush about once a week (Maybe less depending on your bather load).