PDA

View Full Version : how much borax

ALEX MURPHY
06-11-2011, 06:18 PM
hello i have been using this site for about a year as i had a chlorine lock of some sort last year but have worked through it now this year i am adopting the BBB method and looking for a rough guide for amount of borax to raise ph ph is at 6.6 and would like to raise tp 7.0 min pool is 25k gallons 17x37 grecian, vinyl liner, DE filter all your help greatly appreciated thanks alex

PoolDoc
06-11-2011, 10:45 PM
There are calculations, but they are not super-accurate (pH rise is hard to calculate) and I don't like that approach for other reasons, as well.

On your pool, I'd recommend 2 boxes of 20 Mule Team borax, added SLOWLY to the skimmer with the pump running. Wait 4 hours and then retest and repeat if necessary.

Ben

waterbear
06-11-2011, 10:56 PM
If you have a test kit with a base demand test (Taylor K-2006 or K-2005) AND you are familiar with how the test works you can use it and substitute twice the amount of borax by WEIGHT for the soda ash called for. You need to accurately know the amount of water in your pool and need to have a scale to weigh the borax. If you do not do not try this method.