PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Now I need Advice RE: Dolphin Dynamic

CarlD
05-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah, even we moderators ask for advice. My Dolphin is now not running right. It won't climb the walls too well, and it seems to get stuck in certain areas. The vacuum seems fine--this morning the bag was very full, but it seemed to get stuck in the deep end--it was there last night and there this morning--and parts of the shallow end still had junk in it.

I did check the tracks and brushes and impeller. All seemed clear. The tracks MAY be a tad loose but the directions are unclear on how to tell. The brushes don't look worn at all.

Using the remote, the Dolphin seems to be able to go anywhere, though I THINK it's a little slower--but I'm guessing on that. I was able to get it to climb a wall with the remote last night, but not this AM.

I DID have troubles getting it to sink last night--had to turn it over under water to get the air out--but it seemed to filter just fine--the WATER looks polished.

I have a true rectangular AG pool--16x40, with a 5.5' deep end--a hopper with ramped sides down to it. No bottom drain.

The Dolphin has never had a problem before. Any ideas before I call them?

Thanks!

Davenj
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
White bag or green? Last year I noticed it would not climb the walls very well once the white bag got dirty enough. Pollen has been bad the last few days. My filter pressure went up 6 psi in about 4 days.

CarlD
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
White. Maybe that's the problem. Pollen has been a Bee!;)

We've got the pool open, so I know it's not water temp--84 deg yesterday.

Thanks!

Anybody got any other ideas.

hzz
05-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Carl-
The only time I have had the same symptoms as you with my Dolphin is when the water temp was really low or when the bag was super full.

Your temp is not the problem. Does it still refuse to climb when you first put it in with a clean bag?If so, then something is wrong.

Double check that you have it set to climb walls in the menu.....you probably already have done that, but I would set it to not climb, then reset it to climb just in case.

Hope it works out for you.

PhantomAndy
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Try giving the bag a good rinsing - then wash it in the washing machine.

Reload it in the dolphin and I think you'll see a bid diff.

Also - if the bag is wet, I always have trouble getting the dolphin to sink - I usually just tilt it on its side when that happens.

I also always have trouble getting it to climb the walls if there's any slimy residue on the pool sides or bottom since it clogs the filter bag quickly. Also poor climbing after a few hours in a significantly dirty pool.

CarlD
05-11-2006, 03:19 PM
I did talk to Smartpools (the US distrib) and they suggested that I be VERY carefully that my filter bag is clean and not saturated. They also suggested I remove the floats and sent a weight to add if it needed that.

They also suggested testing the unit without the bag and seeing if it worked then.

My walls and floor are not slimey--no algae there!