PDA

View Full Version : Don't trust the pool store

airraid1999
06-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I had a liner change ,a sand change bought all from same place about 800.00 total installed then the told me after i filled pool up and tested water i needed 8 lbs of calcium booster (i have a vinyl pool) 4 lbs stabilizer 10 lbs of chlorine pucks then i found this site i have learned that i didn't need calcium booster due to vinyl pool the pucks add stabilizer and the 4 gallons of pool shock is just double strength bleach (12%) i bought a liner ,happy bottom, wall pad paid for install then the still wanted to get every $ i had in chemicals !!! It pays to do research thanks guys you have opened up a whole new world of pool care and allowed me to put my wallet up.... Again thanks will need help with test kit .. Again thanks lots!!!!

wsommariva
06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Taylor K 2006 is highly recommended here

CarlD
06-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Sadly, you were "Pool-Stored". It's happened to all of us, leaving us sadder, but wiser. The K2006, K2006c, and Leslies Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit are all great tools. All basically the same (the "C" has larger amounts of test chems, Leslies is a re-branded K2006).

However, in their defense, they probably just read off the liturgy of recommendations provided by Biogard or someone else, without knowing, say, that calcium is USELESS in vinyl pools.

PoolDoc
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Actually Carl, unless Taylor has rewritten the pool guide that comes with the K2006, it embeds a bunch of the pool industry bogus chemistry. It's one of the reasons I started the PS23x series of kits.

Ben