PDA

View Full Version : cartridge filter part question

grpools
06-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Hello! I'm new to this forum (first post) -- here goes.....

I have a Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge filter and when I opened it up today to clean the cartridges I found the long cap (made of plastic) at the top of the pipe that runs down the middle of the manifold (or assembly?) disintegrated. I'm not sure what to replace it with or if it even needs replacement. My husband and I can't determine from the manual what purpose the cap served other than keeping stuff from going down the pipe (so it would be unfiltered and could clog the heater). If that's all it does, could we replace it with a cap that would fit the pipe (one from the plumbing supply store) or, does it serve a purpose beyond that and we need to buy an entire new manifold?

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

grpools
06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I called Pentair about the filter and learned that the "pipe" is actually the "air bleed tube assembly" and gluing a cap to the top of the pipe was not a good thing to do. We ordered a replacement part and are good to go.

Also, is there a way to edit a question or is posting a reply the way to add information?

Watermom
06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
You can click on the edit button on the lower right section of your post and add information. I think there is a time limit after the post is initially written for being able to do so, but not sure about that. With the software revision, we haven't got all the features figured out yet.