PDA

View Full Version : Green pool after terminex application???

mattdunn
06-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Very strange chain of events unfolded over the past 24 hours and need some advise. Pool had very low chemical level readings and I proceeded to add the appropriate amounts for this gallon size pool to correct the deficiencies. 3 things were added... chlorine, bi-carb and stabilizer. Immediatley as the chlorine hit the water a green mass formed and began to disperse through the pool. I went back a few hours later....worse, the next morning worse still!!!! I ended up doing a partial drain and so on BUT there was a weird film on it still this afternoon. I then realized there was a Terminex application throughout the entire property earlier in the previous day, the pool sits in the center of it all in the courtyard. My chemical application occured within 4-5 hours after the Terminex application. Is this the reason for the strange reaction of such basic chemicals? Have never experienced anything like this before, thank you for any information.
Matt

PoolDoc
06-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I really, really doubt it was the pesticide.

Much more likely: you added enough chlorine to 'float' the algae, something I've seen numerous times.

Ben

waterbear
06-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Where are you located? I know that copper based fungicides and herbicides are used in Florida, (http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pi103) not sure about other areas. What you describe could be caused by copper in the water but you would have to ask Terminex exactly what chemical they used.