PDA

View Full Version : bleach calc

Dmigz
05-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't find my link for the bleach calc. Where can I find the link?

PoolDoc
03-23-2012, 06:51 AM
right-click and "save as" this link. Run from your desktop.

http://www.poolforum.com/zxq/BleachCalc262.exe

dansdad
05-27-2013, 05:52 PM
I cannot get the bleach calc to download

PoolDoc
05-31-2013, 02:29 PM
I cannot get the bleach calc to download

Seems to be a problem at your end; works fine for me.

dansdad
05-31-2013, 02:49 PM
just keep getting unexpected error

PoolDoc
05-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Try using Firefox, and right-clicking, then "Save Link As"

dansdad
06-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I found I cant run an exe file without getting a lot of add ons in the meantime and firefox came on with imesh which I;m trying to get rid of

PoolDoc
06-10-2013, 12:18 PM
????. Not sure what sort of problems you have, but it appears they exist at your end.

iMesh is a file-sharing program, and should have NOTHING to do with this. Here's my recommendation:

1. Save any critical data you may have on your computer -- passwords, pictures, financial records.
2. Download a FRESH copy of Microsoft's free anti-virus program:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download
3. Uninstall any old anti-virus you may have.
4. Install "security essentials" and run a FULL scan (takes hours)
5. Try again, after removing any viruses.

If you can't download SE yourself, have someone else do it for you, put it on a CD, and install from there.

dansdad
06-10-2013, 06:57 PM
ok I downloaded Firefox...save as... then it sent me to download page and the download page is right back here. All I need to know is I am using the Pool Calculator daily and where it says add bleach I am putting in 12% since that is what my chlorine is from my pool store. If thats ok then i will get some bleach I know to be 3% and go from there. I really like the calculator. I find it to be a great tool

Leehicks79
06-25-2013, 11:38 PM
I am on an iPad and cannot download the file. If I have nearly 13000 gal and use 8.25% great value bleach, can you tell me the numbers? Sorry!

Watermom
06-26-2013, 12:08 AM
In your pool, each quart of 8.25% bleach will add about 1.6ppm of chlorine.

amillionpets
06-26-2013, 08:52 PM
I am having the same problem with the link. I keep getting "unexpected error" from both IE and Firefox. Would running Windows 8 have anything to do with it? Frustrating. I need to bring my FC level of 3 up to my CYA level of 63. I don't know how much 8.25% of bleach to add. Also my CC is .5 If I add the amount of bleach I'm supposed to tonight, at what point can I add Borax to raise my pH level?

Watermom
06-26-2013, 09:12 PM
In a 13,600 gallon pool, each quart of 8.25% bleach will add 1.5ppm of chlorine.

You can add the Borax and the bleach one right after the other with no problem. I do it all the time.

Hope this helps.

amillionpets
06-26-2013, 09:15 PM
It helps tremendously. Thanks for the quick reply.

Watermom
06-26-2013, 09:21 PM
You are welcome.

PoolDoc
06-27-2013, 09:41 AM
I am on an iPad and cannot download the file. If I have nearly 13000 gal and use 8.25% great value bleach, can you tell me the numbers?

Like this:

1. Find your pool factor: Divide 120,000 by the gallons in your pool and round: 120,000/13,000 ~= 9.23 ==> So . . . your PF = 9

2. Use the following values: 3% bleach @ 8.4 lbs/gal; 6% bleach 8.6 lbs/gal; 8.25% bleach 8.8 lbs/gal

3. Calculate chlorine ppm per gallon for YOUR pool: => FC ppm = PF x lbs bleach x % => 9 x 8.8 x 0.0825 = 6.5 ppm.

So, you get about 6.5 ppm per gallon of 8.25% or 1.5 ppm per quart.

amillionpets
06-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Ah! Thank you for showing me how to come up with the numbers. Watermom gave me my calculation but it's nice to know how she got it, too! I don't know why some of us can't use the link, but thank you for taking the time to write that out. You guys are great!!

PoolDoc
06-27-2013, 10:57 AM
I've got a friend's Win8 laptop here -- so I can remove and replace Win8 with Win7Pro ;) -- I think I'll try and see if I have problems downloading using Win8.

amillionpets
06-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Please let me know! That's what I'm using...laptop w/ Windows 8. I'm curious as to your results.

dansdad
07-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks much I've got mine written down, now I can buy whatever and not be so concerned. Thanks again

lauraleellbp
05-30-2014, 02:13 AM
I've downloaded it a few times now from a few diff browsers, and still can't run the program on Windows 8 or 8.1 OS ... I keep getting the same "Unexpected Error" message.

Does the Bleach Calculator happen exist anywhere in table format?

(If not, I can just pull out my regular calculator lol)

amillionpets
05-30-2014, 04:08 AM
Use this link: http://poolcalculator.com/index-classic.html

I would not use in IE only because I don't know if they have all of their bugs fixed as of yet. I'm personally using Chrome and it's working just fine. When I initially began using this calculator I was entering my pool gallons using a comma (ie 13,600). I finally realized this was my problem all along. DON'T use the comma!

Set up your ranges at the bottom of the calculator using 'Traditional Pool', etc. Make sure you enter the percentage of bleach you are using (6%, 8.25%). Also don't forget to enter the pool temp if you know it.

Enter what your test results are in the 'now' column, and what you want them to be in the 'target' column. If using liquid bleach it will give results in ounces. However, if you hover your mouse over the ounces it will give you gallons , quarts, cups; etc. in the field just above it.

IMPORTANT!! A jug of 8.25% liquid bleach is NOT a gallon. It equals approximately 3 quarts and 3 cups. Shout out to Pool Doc for reiterating that as I would have forgotten!

Hope it all works out for you now. Pools are hard enough to keep up without having the added frustration of the darn calculator not working! Best of luck!

Watermom
05-30-2014, 09:18 AM
A 121 oz jug of bleach is approximately 0.95 gallons so use that when you are plugging in numbers in the calculator to figure out bleach doses.

(By the way, the link that amillionpets linked above is NOT the same calculator that is the one at the top of this thread and not the one that we use on the forum.)

amillionpets
05-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Oh! I certainly did not realize that, Watermom. Sorry if I gave incorrect info. That's the one I've been using since I found this forum. Have you looked at that one? Is the one you recommend more reliable? I feel bad now for having told her that.

dansdad
05-30-2014, 02:01 PM
if you go to trouble free pools there is a formula using a liter bottle and 5 gallon bucket. If you go there you'll find it. I assume that's what you're looking for as you will be buying bleach from different sources. Dollar store, Mcfrugals etc. BTW Missouri's great...we have friends in Nixa, Springfield, and Rolla

Watermom
05-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Oh! I certainly did not realize that, Watermom. Sorry if I gave incorrect info. That's the one I've been using since I found this forum. Have you looked at that one? Is the one you recommend more reliable? I feel bad now for having told her that.
It's fine. Some people aren't able to use the other one. Ben is aware of the problem with the one at the top of this thread but says it can't be fixed to work for everybody. He is working on a different one but it is not yet ready to post.