PDA

View Full Version : Valve has small leak

BLillard
05-26-2011, 11:45 PM
We are renting a house that has an inground pool. We have everything up and running, however, the valve that operates the two skimmers has a very small crack in the bottom of it. We were wondering if there is a simple way to repair this...like with an epoxy or something else? Please help!!! We have already put a lot of time and money into this inground pool and we are ready to enjoy it!

PoolDoc
05-27-2011, 04:51 PM
The answer to your question is a very firm "MAYBE".

If you can take a set of pictures of the valve, from multiple sides, both at a distance and close up, Poconos or I (or maybe Waste or Waterbear) can probably tell you what your options are. Mail the pictures to poolforum AT gmail DOT com, and I'll upload and link them.

Ben

waste
05-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

A crack in the body of the valve means it's gotta be replaced or 'band-aided' :( Do you know the brand of the valve? - Jandy valves come with a life time guarantee.

If replacing the valve isn't an option, I can tell yo how to properly epoxy putty it. If you want to replace the valve, I can give you a few tips on 'playing' with PVC piping. :)