PDA

View Full Version : Update is good news: cloudy water plan

wsommariva
05-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Ben, I followed what you suggested and my pool is now clear. I'll also try your ideas for a maintenance plan. Again I truly appereciate your help.

I'll keep my PH low.

Tot Alk question. Accepted range is 100 -150. Can I keep it lower, say 70? Easier to maintain PH, maybe.

Pool also has a blue tint that is fading. Maybe a bleach/copper reaction? My copper got high when I was running the filter 24/7.

madwil
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
if copper got high, it's probably still high; without water replacement or a sequestrant, metals normally stay in the water; and your filter shouldn't be adding copper (maybe some SWCG or other equipment can add, but the filter shouldn't)

As for the TA, lower won't necessarily maintain pH; TA is the pH buffer, so higher gives more buffer action...
but every pool is alittle different- the TA will normally reduce over time as you aerate the pool, and the pH will rise; just find the best spot in your pool where the pH rise is small, and compensate by adding acid. The acid will drop the pH and over time will drop the TA also til you hit a balance; I added acid for the 1st time in 3 weeks yesterday!

wsommariva
05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Ok I'll slowly raise the TA to 100. It's 60 now.

I thought a lower PH needed a lower TA.

Thank you.