PDA

View Full Version : Rain in middle of setup

matcin2531
05-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I started digging to level ground for my 27' round AGP and it started raining. It has been several days now and the ground is a muddy mess. My question is after it dries and I set the pool up, if it rains again will the pool shift or sink in spots? Should I pad up the area with crushed limestone? The area is on top of a hillside where the water can be easily drained off but the ground is so wet from raining non-stop and the pool area now is somewhat level allowing the water to sit in puddles. Or will it be OK and when it dries and pool is set-up will the weight of the pool water keep the area packed enough where water will just run beside it?

TMan
05-20-2011, 11:30 PM
matcin2531 -
You must put some sand under the liner. I don't see you mentioned it? If you use concrete blocks under the posts (and rails if you want) and sand (4-6") under the liner in the center, build up the cove with 10-12" of sand, the pool should not shift if it's on the ground. I wouldn't recommend crushed limestone under the center; maybe under the bottom rails and post blocks if you're worried about the blocks sinking into mud? You would have to put at least a foot into the earth though (in my experience in TX clay, driveways and crushed limestone) of limestone to keep the blocks from sinking. And then it would have to be soaked, packed and dried for several days before you could level the post blocks on it? If you have good earth the blocks shouldn't sink that much in wet ground to make the pool unstable; if they sink at all put another block or several layers of roofing shingles under the post to shim it up. That's what installers use to level the posts on install. Anyway look at this post and the link, it has a good video about installing your own ABG. http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?10930-AGP-Install-Question-Blocks-under-entire-rail&p=70144#post70144

matcin2531
05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Thank you TMan,
Very helpful. I do have a section that under the wall that was dug too deep and had to fill in. It is very sponge like and it has been raining here alot. every day I go out and tamp down more and more.