PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Aquabot users

johnny pool
05-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Would like to hear owner comments both good and bad about these robotic cleaners for inground pools.

I have a barracuda G3, and while it cleans well where it goes, it does not clean the entire pool despite various available adjustments (one of my complaints is that it has too many adjustments). It climbs walls ok but has trouble going up the slope from the deep to the shallow end of my vinyl pool. Even when it gets there it won't stay in the shallow end long enough.

So, do you find the Aquabot cleans ALL areas of you pool effectively? Thanks, John

johnny pool
05-13-2011, 08:08 AM
anybody have an Aquabot??

ezpool
05-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I've had two Aquabots. The first Aquabot ("Turbo C" model from Costco) kept eating the floating cord; returned to Costco after 4 months.
The second was an Aquabot Pool Rover Plus (also Costco's model). It worked great but then died with a motor failure after ~2 years; it
was ~$300 to fix so I decided it wasn't worth it. I actually just bought a Dolphin Deluxe 4 (Leslie's version of the Diagnostic I think) and
am hoping it'll last longer (it has a full 3-year warranty rather than the prorated warranty like the Aquabot). It works well, but they all do
at the beginning...

PBLsQuad450
05-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I clean my pool. My Aquabot watches from the garage window. Picked up and clean are two different things, and not getting behind the ladder or on the stairs or in the deepest part of the corners is leaving behind material that might start a bloom if something interferes with perfect sanitation. I'm likely the minority and no I'm not "swimming" in free time. With lots of trees around I spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. a week on my 36,000 IG pool, total.

adesalvo
05-17-2011, 10:59 PM
I have used an Aquabot for nine years. It does a nice job of cleaning the entire pool. I throw it under the cover in the spring (I have a solid safety cover) and gets a nice head start. My only gripe is that it gets stuck on the ladder occassionaly. I have replaced every part (including the cord) over the years except for the handle, case and motor.

They can be found easily for $850 and the there are higher end models that have sensors that avoid the stairs and ladders.

Also, a simple trick to keep the robot from eating the cord is to wrap the cord with some old noodles that you would otherwise discard.

wsommariva
05-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I have the Tiger Shark QC. Fourth season. Never climed the walls of my fiberglass pool. Vacuums up well. Doesn't cover the entire pool sometimes. So I just move it manually. Wish it climed walls, we asked for warranty replacement too late, so we just deal with it.

myLABSpool
06-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I bought the Aquabot Supreme last year, replacing some polaris kreepy krawly type vac that ran on the filter suction.

Simply put, I LOVE MY AQUABOT!

I have an 18x36 IG Vinyl, sort of kidney shape, and I find that it does generally clean all areas given the time to cover. It climbs all the walls and scrubs the waterline. If there is a particular area that it might be missing and I don't have the patience to let it keep running, I simply pull it gently by the cord to the area it needs to clean.

The other added benefit of using autovac with a self-contained filtration/pump system, is that it acts like a second filter for your pool, putting no additional load on your filter. Mine claims to filter nearly 5K gallons per hour, turning my entire water over in 5 hours.

I highly recommend.