PDA

View Full Version : Question on Borax and Bleach

orlie
05-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Ive been reading post of cloudy water, well my pool water is cloudy. The pool is 15X30 52in deep. When I opened my pool I had not winterized it and it was just green. I filled about 18in of water and started the pump and filter. I added some algicide, and 2 bags of shock, put some clorine tabs in the clorinator. So this is what I added. Can you please explain to me how I should of done this using Bleach and Borax.

1. When you say bleach, just regular bleach from say wal-mart?

2. What is DE and why do people put in there sand filter?

Thank you

Orlie

PoolDoc
05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
1. Plain 6% household bleach.

2. Two reasons. Most commonly, to help the filter remove things like algae. But I often recommend it to test and see if the filter is working -- if DE 'leaks' back into the pool, your filter has problems.

Ben

PS. You're connecting from LANL?

orlie
05-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Just let me start by saying the BBB method is a hit. My pool is crystal clear and my family loves it. Thank you for all you help.

I had to add 20 gallons of bleach and 1 box of borax, but the water is good as new. My neighbors think i'm crazy for adding bleach to my pool. They all tell me you swim wear is going to be bleached. I just laughed at them and gave them this website. BBB for life.

later

Orlie