PDA

View Full Version : hayward filter

Sue225
05-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I have a question. Why are we not getting any flow from return to pool. Backwash works fine there is definitely not a problem with pump as when we take off the hose from filter and turn on the pump the water pumps very well through the hose. Filter was bought in august last summer was used for 1 month before we closed the pool. The pressure valve looks like it is crooked. we cannot get a pressure reading from it or there is no pressure. Sand is from last summer. Any ideas??
We need to get chlorine in the pool ASAP finished filling last night. Could i dilute bleach and throw in the pool? Appreciate your feedback

waste
05-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds like you have a broken pressure gauge, can you feel water coming through the return when the pump is running? If yes, it's just a bad gauge.

Sue225
05-08-2011, 12:24 AM
No I can feel no pressure in the returnwhen the pump is running. Water is not returning to pool!

madwil
05-08-2011, 07:52 AM
sounds like a clog or stuck valve...

waste
05-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Is there possibly a valve on the return side that is closed? Or a plug in the return that wasn't removed on opening the pool? (I'm assuming that this is an AG pool)

Sue225
05-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Could you believe that the people who replaced our liner connected all the equipment and they left the winterizing plug in the eye? Problem solved!

waste
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Well, of course I believe that :D

I'm glad it was something quick and easy and that you now have an operational pool! :cool: