PDA

View Full Version : check flow pool pilot

bobnj
05-05-2006, 02:33 PM
A new pool guy opened my pool yesterday and my pool pilot reads check flow and blinks red. I'm wondering what the most likely cause is. My filter's working fine. Valves seem ok. Could low salt or cold water read check flow? Do I have to take it apart and clean? For 2 years I had no problems and my pool guy had to stop service to me because the high gas price was killing him.
Thanks.

bobnj
05-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Never mind. I just took the thing apart and cleaned the screen, which was full of leaves. Working fine now. I cleaned the grid thing also. This autopilot really is very simple.

hzz
05-05-2006, 11:28 PM
A tip for you and any others that have the Autopilot and also have trees around their pool.

I used to have a problem with the screen filter in the manifold getting blocked frequently from the little seeds and stuff that falls off the trees in springtime.It would make its way through the skimmer basket and the pump basket and foul up the screen pretty quickly.It's a pain to have to keep undoing the manifold to clean the screen.

The solution-skimmer socks.You get them at the pool store in a pack of 3, put them in to the skimmer basket,and they catch all the small seed before they have a chance to get to the pump.They can be rinsed off and reused.If you are really cheap, you can even use pantyhose.

Since I started using the socks in the spring I never have to clean the Autopilot screen.

rmeden
05-06-2006, 01:12 AM
IIRC, you're supposed to install the Pool Pilot after the filter... (I know mine's that way)... how do the seeds get by the filter?

Robert

hzz
05-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I have a snad filter, yet they somehow manage to get through. They are small and lightweight, maybe that's how they do it.Then they clump together on the screen of the autopilot.

bobnj
05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the sock idea. I do have a ton of stuff falling from my trees. I'm going to look for the socks at the pool store.
Thanks