PDA

View Full Version : Instructions For Filling A Pool (Old Forum)

DCR
05-05-2006, 11:33 AM
On the old forum there was a detailed set of instruction on applying chemicals to a new pool. I had printed them off and stored them with other valuable papers, but I can't find them, and I desperately need this information. I believe the author was PoolDoc.

If anybody has this information or if can be reposted I would greatly appreciate it.

Watermom
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't have them - but, if you will tell us some info we can help you get started. What type and size of pool, current water testing results. Post this info and somebody here can help you get going with your pool.

DCR
05-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Don't have them - but, if you will tell us some info we can help you get started. What type and size of pool, current water testing results. Post this info and somebody here can help you get going with your pool.

Intex 18'x48" empty and currently disassembled and stored in the basement.

Watermom
05-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Test your fill water and then somebody here can advise you as to what all you would need to do when you set up and fill the pool.

DCR
05-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Test your fill water and then somebody here can advise you as to what all you would need to do when you set up and fill the pool.

What do I test it for. I assume ph and alk. anything else. The water supply is a well with a water softner that I will have on cleaning cycle for at least two weeks prior to fill.

Watermom
05-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Maybe some metals. I'm going to let someone else who is more familiar with using well water advise you on filling from a well. Good luck with getting it going.