PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Re-seating the muitport valve onto the top of the filter

mspool
04-16-2011, 03:53 PM
We have just finished replacing sand in our jacuzzi st24 filter. When we were ready to put the top multiport valve on, it didn't quite fit. Had trouble reseating it. We were able to get it on and screw down the valve, but thought it should have seated more precisely. Anyway there is a tiny leak on the valve seal when the filter is on. Any suggestions. We want to try everything first before we have to start all over and remove the sand again. Not sure if the center pipe is in incorrectly. There was no obvious place for the center pipe to sit in....just over a small nipple on the bottom of the tank. Is this a common problem or does anyone have any suggestions at all. Thank you.

Poconos
04-16-2011, 09:47 PM
I just looked at the parts diagram for that filter and am not familiar with it. I can't remember what was at the bottom of my Hayward to keep the center pipe centered as you add sand, but I think nothing and what you say about sitting on a small nipple makes sense. You can clarify where the leak is for someone else who knows this specific filter. Is the leak between the valve assembly and the tank? Diagram shows a couple O-rings there. Here's the link where I found the diagram.
http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_filter_jacuzzi_sandtrap.htm
Did you use any silicone grease on those O-rings when you assembled it?
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Al

waste
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Did you flush the sand out of the threads before putting the top back on? Also, is the area where the o-ring sits clean and smooth? Are you sure the o-ring is staying in place while you tighten the top? (the silicone or Teflon based lube can be 'packed in' to the receiving channel to help keep the o-ring in place while you're screwing down the top)