PDA

View Full Version : Pool cleaner with new Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS

bgglaser
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
So every time my sand shark climbs the walls and hits the edge of the water it sucks air and thus kicks in the SVRS part of my pump. Pump now shuts down for 5 minutes, re-primes and kicks in again. This happens constantly while my cleaner is plugged in.

Is there any way to turn off this feature or disable it for a cleaning cycle?

PoolDoc
04-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Ah, the costs of trying to make the world perfectly safe!

The nature of the devices that followed in the wake of the Virginia Graeme Baker Act is to be hard to disable -- because if they were easy to disable, people would. Unfortunately, most of the devices I've seen ultimately become a service nightmare. I'm not familiar with the details of your device and pump, so I don't know if it's practical to disable it or not.

And, I probably can't allow people to go too far in figuring out how to dissect such devices here. It's a fact of modern US society that folks* who think they've been anointed by Mother Earth, or the grand shaman of Aboriginal Island, or even the Dean of Yale Law School, to bind us all with some new law or other, and save us from ourselves, can often find money to sue anyone who they feel is preventing them from living out their appointed role as Saviors of the World!

And since I -- unsupported by Hollywood's political actors -- can't easily fund my defense, I'd prefer to avoid triggering that response. So -- everybody -- if you want to respond to this thread, be careful what you say, or I'll have to lock the thread.

But feel free to rant, in general, about how American society is in denial about death, and is in the process of trying to crippling itself with irrational safety restrictions, in a vain and silly hope that we can, somehow, cheat death. I have no beef with Virginia Baker's parents. Any parent who loses their child in such a tragic manner is entitled to be irrational in their response -- and to demand the whole world be changed to prevent it from ever happening again. But, I have a huge beef with those around them, who enabled them to inflict their own understandable, but irrational, demands on an entire country.

Pools will never be perfectly safe: the only way to eliminate all pool tragedies is to eliminate all pools!

Ben / PoolDoc

[ http://www.poolsafely.gov/pool-spa-safety-act/virginia-graeme-baker/ ]