PDA

View Full Version : Pump suggestions

duckster
04-09-2011, 04:29 AM
The PoolForum and PoolDoc recommend against the purchase of SpectraLight, EcoPump, Leaf Pump or ZeoPure products, or any products sold on websites affiliated with the email address info@spectrauv.com, or the parent company name "SpectraLight Technologies". Due to legal threats, we cannot say more at this time. No further discussion of these product lines is allowed. Somewhat more information is available on in this post (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?15127).

Hi. We have had our pool for a year, it came with the house we bought. The pumps on it (a normal pump and a booster pump) were both pretty old. We already replaced the booster pump last year. Now the main pump is getting louder quickly. The current pump is 1hp. I am looking for suggestions on replacing it. Are the Ecopumps that I found for real? Are they worth it? If not what other suggestions do you have?

Thanks,
Aaron

PoolDoc
04-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Dunno what an "Ecopump" is, so can't comment on that.

Regarding appropriate pump replacements you'll need to first supply info on
* # of gallons in pool
* type and size of filter
* size of piping.

Ben / PoolDoc

Watermom
04-10-2011, 09:48 AM
One company to look at is Hayward. Can't tell you specific models, but they are a very reputable company. I'm sure Poconos will be along later to add his bit. He'll be able to give you some advice that may help.

kelemvor
04-10-2011, 03:57 PM
I recently replaced my pool pump and was underwhelmed by the options. You can always go with a "bigger" pump or a multi speed pump but other than that it's not like there's 20 brands out there each trying to outperform each other. In the end I spent $250 to get pretty much the exact same pump i was replacing. Surprisingly, my local pool store had it in stock for exactly the same price I had found it for online.

It seems like pool equipment is an area ripe for a small company to come along with good products and clean up. For whatever reason, when I buy parts it always seems like I end up with the big companies like Hayward though... As pooldoc mentioned, too many scammers ruining it for everyone else I guess.

duckster
04-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that. I am probably going to go with the Hayward northstar series one. Any thoughts or comments on them?