PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing DeckJets in system with Caretaker

dbbarron
04-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I have an inground pool+SPA with Jandy PDA RS4 system. The only pool returns are through a 5 port caretaker system (or through spa spillover, but it is not a raised spa, so this is not programmed/used). I would like to install deckjets controlled by one of the unused JVA outputs on the RS4 (e.g., solar - and controlled by the remaining AUX - others are Pump, Blower, Lights).

However, the question is where to divert water to the deckjets. I'm afraid that if I "T" off the pool return going to the Caretaker, as the caretaker actuates to different zones, the relative pressure available will vary causing the jets to jump around in height, etc.

Thus, I am thinking about installing a 3-way valve/JVA in the pool return before the caretaker input, then running the diverted return to another 3-way (manual for balancing jet pressure) with one output to the jets and another through a 1-way valve to one cleaning zone (the pressure relief zone is easily accesible) after the caretaker.

Any other thoughts or suggestions? Do I have to worry about the pressure issue described above in the first place?

The pump is a new 1.5HP unit; all plumbing is 2" until the caretaker where it goes back to 1.5. Pool was built in early 90s.

db