PDA

View Full Version : Dimples in Liner Bottom (AG) Yikes!

bsbrega
05-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi I uncovered my pool today and for the first time in 15 years, I see the entire bottom covered in dimples about the size of almonds. Could this be from bugs? The pool did not leak (except the normal water reduction in winter), so I don't think the bugs or whatever is causing the dimples have eaten through. Yet. Does anyone know what these dimples are? The pool is 27' round and there must have been at least a thousand dimples. They're everywhere.

matt4x4
05-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Could also be that frost pushed up some gravel through the sand....
You haven't had a chance to get in and ispect closely have you?

CarlD
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
I WISH I had almond-sized dimples in my pool's bottom! That would be an improvement...I have footprint sized AND SHAPED dimples from the incompents who installed the liner. I don't want the liner to fail, but when it does I will be SO glad to get the bottom fixed!

bsbrega
05-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks, Matt. And you are correct, I haven't set foot in the pool yet. It's wierd because the little lumps appear to be fairly uniform. . .

bsbrega
05-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Whatever they were, they are gone now that the pool is uncovered. Musta been frost heaves that melted in the sun. . .Maybe?

matt4x4
05-18-2006, 03:57 PM
That's just plain weird - you got aliens living under the liner....could it have been shadows playing tricks.....