PDA

View Full Version : Jandy Actuator halfway?

cschmelz
05-04-2006, 04:38 PM
I have an older pool and have a problem with excess waterloss (probably combination of above normal waterline (but below overflow of attached spa) leaks and the dry desert air (which takes a real toll on overflow splash water!)

I'd LIKE to reconfigure my Jandy Valve actuator on the return to be just about 15 degrees off..Basically give a LITTLE flow to the spa (so that the little hole in the overflow wall can handle the flow, yet continue to provide water turnover) and the rest to the spa....

I can't figure out a way to reconfigure the Jandy Actuator to do this..I assume it isn't possible, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas....

mas985
05-04-2006, 05:09 PM
I know how to do it for a Goldine actuator and I think it is similar for all actuators. First shut off the actuator and remove the handle if it is on the valve. Then you have to remove the top cover of the actuator (mine has 4 screws) but do not remove the screws that attach it to the valve. Inside there should be two cams which control the on and off positions of the valve. They can be moved by pulling them out on the shaft and then turning in small increments to the desired position and placed back into position. The cams run up against a small switch to shut off the motor for turning the valve either direction. Good luck.

imfignewton
05-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Here is the manual for your actuator

www.jandy-downloads.com/pdfs/JVAmanual.pdf