PDA

View Full Version : Miraclear Clarifier

godstreasures1
05-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I use bleach in my 24ft above ground pool. It took me forever to clear up the winter mess this year. I have just got the water sparkling clear and I want to keep it that way. I saw in a pool catalog a product called miraclear. It is a gel shell that you put in the pump basket. It is suppose to keep the water clear for a month. My question is has any one used this or other similar items? I was thinking about trying this.

duraleigh
05-04-2006, 01:48 PM
"Dance with who brung ya' ", as my grandma used to say. :)

let_her_flicker
05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Keeping your chlorine level where it is suppose to be will keep your pool clear. Remember, high pool usage can stir up debris not filtered by a sand filter. de filters do a better job of filtering out the small stuff. remember this, a lot of swimmers will result in a cloudy pool for about a day. i hope this helps.

there are no magic bullets to get a clear pool except keeping it properly chlorinated. those other products drain your wallet and make easy dough for someone else.

good luck

Poolsean
05-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Miraclear is a sister company of AutoPilot. This is designed as a clarifier with some algaecidal properties. It really does work as the gel does not dissolve readily and slowly releases clarifier to your pool.
As suggested, keep your water chems, circulation, and filtration in proper order and you shouldn't need it. However, it you want to use it as a preventative measure, it will not do any harm and will help to filter out finer particles.

duraleigh
05-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi, Sean,

It is not clear to me (no pun intended) how clarifiers work. What do they do? How is it algaecidal? I recognize you're not saying "use it" but I'm curious as to how they work.

Poolsean
05-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Clarifiers work to "clump" dirt to filterable sizes. The Miraclear has some Copper sulfate in it as an algacide. I don't mention "use it" because I don't want to cross the fine line of "selling". But I did say, you don't NEED it in a clean, clear pool, but if you need a clarifier, by all means, it's a fantastic product, according to what the service company feeds back to me.
Personally, I have never had to use it on my pool, but I have used it on my cousins out-of-control pool and it does work.

cjayc
05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
So, is it possible to over-clarify your pool? What I mean is use too much clarifier? My pool is super cloudy and I have used lots of clarifier, which has worked pretty good.

-Crystal

Poolsean
05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Well, remember, when you add anything into the pool, you are adding to the TDS (total dissolved solids) level, which can lead to cloudiness. You can use clarifier, and even for a maintenance dose, but as is the philosophy on this site, why use more than you really need? Keep on top of your pool and you shouldn't have these types of problems or need all the extra chemicals that a pool store will try to sell you.

Salt on the other hand..... :rolleyes:

CarlD
05-16-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree with Sean--why add junk you don't need? You and your kids are going to injest some of it :mad: so it better be there for a reason.

Yeah, we keep it simple here. Simple and effective!

Salt is another story--lots of people like the way it feels, and our own body chemistry is slightly saline.