FC 1
CC 1
TC 2
pH 7.6
Alk 130
Cal 160
Cya 85
Temp 73

Pool water is crystal clear. 10,000 gal pool. I don't close it in the winter and I run the pump/sand filter 24/7.

Any suggestions from here... last summer my cya was over 110 (wal mart test kit) and I had multiple problems w/ algae and cloudy water. I switched to bleach and the other recommended household chemicals and treated 2x w/ copper sulfate. No more algae, water is clear since I stopped using chlorine sticks. Cya has come down a bit. No longer use algaecide, just bleach and keep ph up w/ borax. Readings have been stable since September 05. Have had NO problems w/ staining or "green hair" so I guess the copper level is down after winter rains, backwashing, etc...

This web site is amazing. Hope there are no more crashes. :)

Any comments on alk or calcium? Seem high to me, but water looks and feels great.

drband

PoolDoc
05-03-2006, 09:17 PM
CC is a little high, but I wouldn't worry. Just get your FC up -- with your CYA level, you should think in terms of 'normal' for your pool being between 5 and 10 ppm.

Otherwise, it's all good.

Ben
"PoolDoc"

drband
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
CC is a little high, but I wouldn't worry. Just get your FC up -- with your CYA level, you should think in terms of 'normal' for your pool being between 5 and 10 ppm.

Otherwise, it's all good.

Ben
"PoolDoc"

Thanks. Adding bleach tonight. Sure is easier than all the pool store stuff.

drband